Wednesday 3 May 2017

Sasayaki Glitter May Challenge Card

Hiya..I coloured this little image in with Polychromos Pencils on Neenah card.Once done I added a light background by drawing faint lines of bamboo and lightly shading them with green..I then finished off with pink and green pastel chalks ,I did not want the background to leap out as the image was the main feature ,but as soon as I say her I just knew she needed some bamboo lol!..I mounted her onto some pink Kanban card and put to one side until I finished the background card..
For the chard I used a cream blank ,I used the same pink card for matting my layers as the image..The Papers are from First Edition Love Letters .The back one being encapsulated with glitter and the other having tiny dots on it too..very pretty..Once the layers were all glued down I them mounted the topper on with 3D glue Gel ..The flower was cut from a die set from China and I chose it as it is the closest to a chrysanthium I could find as they are featured a lot in Chinese artwork..This and the leaves were coloured with SN pens so that it matched perfectly with the colour theme..I added them with the same glue I find flowers sit nicer with the 3D glue as it gives the gap between the layers as real flowers have and it makes them a little more natural,,I added the folded and shaped leaves and to finish I Popped a large pretty green gem in the center of the flower and a few on the side of the topper.
Thank you for popping by :)xx

You can find this image here
You can enter the challenge by clicking on HERE




This card will be entered into the following challenges

8 comments:

  1. Such an adorable image and design, nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/



    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card. Lovely papers and sweet image.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore May Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card..

    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Anila DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Christine xx
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Dianne DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card. One that makes you feel good and smile. So glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable. Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Margaret, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful make.. very cute. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Animals. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your messages..it means a lot to me that you have come to see my work..Thank you :)xx